I arrived in Monterey late on Thursday, and departed Saturday afternoon. I spent plenty of time wandering and enjoying the beautiful scenery. These are my favorite kinds of trips – the kind where you wander and explore organically, without having any plans or deadlines. It’s incredibly refreshing and fun.
- Arrive in Monterey, check into the Intercontinental Hotel.
- Walk from Cannery Row to Lovers Point along the Monterey Bay Coastal Trail… enjoy watching the seals and pups!
- Dinner at The Beach House at Lover’s Point. Definitely recommend – excellent service and good food with a fantastic view.
- Drive to Carmel-by-the-Sea
- Wander the galleries, and explore the beaches near Carmel-by-the-Sea
- Drive to Big Sur (at least up to where Route 1 is closed due to road closure)
- Stop everywhere along Route 1 to take in the view! Pro-tip: Pack a lunch and plenty of water so you can focus on the view and enjoying yourself!
Thank you so much for visiting! Tell me – what your favorite picture from my short little trip is!